We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act, and this document outlines the types of information we collect and how it is used.
How do we collect information?
Le Cornu collects information about you in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information in person, by phone, in documents such a sales order or online via our website;
- directly from you when you provide information for the purpose of applying for credit with one of our credit providers; and
- from third parties such as credit reporting bodies or your employees, agents or representatives.
If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the products/services you require, or the level of service we believe appropriate.
What type of information do we collect from you?
We may collect the following personal information from customers, business contacts, suppliers, people seeking employment and other individuals with whom we deal:
- name and contact information including email address, postal address and/or telephone number (if supplied by you);
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- payment information including credit card information, when you register on our website or make a purchase from us;
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers, and
- employment history and qualifications (if you apply for employment with us).
Purpose of collecting your information
We will only collect personal information necessary to provide the product or service. These purposes may include:
- processing transactions and ensuring that product ordered can be correctly delivered, including to contact you regarding delivery dates;
- completing the application forms for credit providers for the purpose of your gaining finance for the purchase of our products (there may be certain additional privacy disclosures);
- gaining adequate security for the purpose of loaning trailers for customer pick-ups;
- ensuring that floor coverings can be measured and properly installed;
- ensuring that after sales services can be provided;
- conducting appropriate checks for credit-worthiness as agent for the credit providers, in accordance with their separate privacy statements;
- improving our products and services;
- internal record keeping and otherwise managing our business;
- assessing any application for employment;
- unless you ask us not to, we may send promotional material, from time to time, to any contact details you provide to us, about our new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting(including information about third parties);
- contacting you by email, phone, fax or mail for market research purposes;
- customising our website according to your interests; and
- meeting legal and regulatory requirements.
Who does Le Cornu disclose personal information to?
For the purposes set out above, we may disclose your personal information on a confidential basis to organisations outside Le Cornu. These disclosures to third parties include:
- our parent corporation Fantastic Holdings Limited, its subsidiaries and their franchisees (the "Fantastic Group");
- our contractors and service providers (including shipping and distribution services, floor covering measurers and layers, mailing houses, IT services and recruitment services) and those of the Fantastic Group;
- credit providers for the purpose of completing your application for finance;
- subcontractors for the purpose of providing after sales services;
- our business associates;
- our professional advisers, such as our lawyers, accountants and auditors;
- your employees, agents and representatives (if you are our business contact);
- your referees (if you have applied for employment with us);
- a person or company proposing to acquire all or part of our business; and
- government and regulatory authorities, and other parties if required or permitted by law.
We require these organisations to be bound by appropriate confidentiality obligations and take reasonable steps to ensure that they are aware of their privacy obligations with respect to the protection of your information.
We do not otherwise sell your information to third parties. We may disclose your personal information to countries overseas, in the United States of America.
How will Le Cornu keep your personal information secure?
Personal information you provide is stored on computer systems as well as held manually. We safeguard your personal information according to strict standards of confidentiality and security. Measures we have put in place include access controls to our premises and account based controls and internet firewalls for electronic data that we hold. Our staff and related personnel are only permitted to access information necessary for their duties, and are properly trained to handle your personal information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's browser. The file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets us know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to optimise the continuity of your browsing session by gathering and remembering information about your browsing preferences, including browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed, page access times and the referring website address. If you log in for shopping purposes, cookies will assist with remembering your shopping cart contents and log in details.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How can you access your personal information?
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. Access can be gained by contacting the Le Cornu Privacy Manager. Le Cornu may charge a reasonable fee for retrieving your information. If we refuse access, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and the relevant provisions of the Privacy Act that we rely on to refuse access.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect, out of date, irrelevant or incomplete, contact the Le Cornu Privacy Manager. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How to contact us